Stuffing: Toasted Brioche with Whiskey Soaked Apricots & Pecans
- 1 cup Whiskey Soaked Apricots
- 2 Loaves Toasted Brioche
- ½ cup Duck Fat
- 2 cups Celery, chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 lb Duck confit
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 4 Granny Smith Apples – peeled, cored, and diced in ¼” cubes
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 tsp Sage, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large Culinary Parchment Paper lined skillet, melt the duck fat over medium heat. Sauté celery and onion in the duck fat for 10 minutes.
- In the same skillet, add the duck confit and warm. Combine the toasted brioche with the duck, celery and onion mixture.
- Stir in the apricots, pecans, and apples. Mix in melted butter, chicken broth, and sage; the stuffing should be totally moistened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a Culinary Parchment Paper lined baking dish and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until golden brown for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.