- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Veal
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- ¼ lb Ground Veal Liver
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 ½ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup Chopped Chives
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cup Onion, diced
- 1 ½ cup Celery, diced
- 1 ½ cup Carrots, diced
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1lb Caul Fat
- 1 tbsp Butter
- In a Culinary Parchment Paper lined frying pan, sauté onions, carrots and celery until soft and let cool to room temperature.
- Mix all ground meats in a large bowl adding all remaining ingredients, except for the caul fat. Season meats to your taste.
- Place 1 pound portion of the meatloaf in the center of the caul fat.
- Wrap meatloaf to form a ball shaped loaf. (You should be able to get eight one pound serving portions).
- Steam to an internal temperature of 140º F.
- To serve, place meatloaf in the oven on a Culinary Parchment Paper lined baking sheet to heat through with a knob of butter and baste.
- Meat will then begin to caramelize; when meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165°F it is ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings. Serve with twice-baked potatoes and desired vegetables.